Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Kaleb and more!

Last week was Kaleb's birthday!
15 years!
amazing.
Grandparents Simpson and Amber came the day before.
They brought the much loved Costco Chocolate Cake.
We had cake and such on his birthday, waited til sunday for his Birthday dinner.
and will have a party with his friends on monday!We love Kaleb very much.
He is such a blessing for us.
He was the first grandchild on both the Towery and the Simpson side, so he was much loved.
He has that awesome, curly red hair.
We thought he was going to be shy, but he isn't.
He's just not super social.
He has a great heart, and likes to do what's right.
I feel very honored to be his parent, and I know J feels the same.
I can't believe it was 15 years ago...that we first met him.
Next year he drives.
and girlfriends will be a possibility...
He'll graduate in 3 years.
a mission in 4......
and then who knows what!?
I am excited to see what lies ahead for Kaleb!
Fortunately, like I mentioned earlier, Kaleb's birthday coincided with a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Simpson and Amber. One day after the kids were out of school, we went down to Damon point. I know I Have posted about Damon Point numerous times...and I am somewhat sorry you are getting another one..but not sorry enough! ;) I LOVE IT THERE!
Mom loves agates, and that's the best place to find them, so we went searching!
This Photo is just for GINA.
Kas found a treasure this time...and Grandma helped her haul it back. It is a window frame it seems. She knows I like old windows, so she brought it back for me. It is on the porch now. ;)Mom found a piece of driftwood that resembled a dolphin.Kas also found this. not sure what it is. But she liked it...so...it came back too.Elijah brought a full size shovel so he could dig. He would walk aways and then dig, and then walk somemore and then dig. Pretty funny!
The kids were waiting for us when we got back.I told Kaleb I needed something to carry the shells, rocks and agates in that was also handy. So, he made this for me. worked perfectly. Our treasures!
Damon Point! Where the posts are--used to be the road until we had a big storm. they used to be only about 5 feet out of the ground. It still amazes me how much power nature has! It is amazing!
While we were working J and Chase were working....on a bulkhead! It turned out great.
We've had some good, creative jobs lately! ;) I like it!!! But, I was glad I didn't have to help build the bulkhead. It was a rough job. Lots of shoveling, in the water!
We had a great visit with Mom, Dad and Amber! I am grateful they are retired now and have more time to come see us!

No comments: