Sunday, March 7, 2010

10 mile hike on the beach

A few weeks ago the Scouts did their 10 mile hike. They started at the church and hiked to our house. As you can see, Ocean Shores was very cooperative. The weather was beautiful. notice the new sidewalks in Ocean Shores along Chance.
On the beach they were pretty spread out.

Rest and posing.
Walking along Connor Creek. Almost done. Some of the boys were pretty tired by this point. One even called his mom to pick him up at about 5 miles...the joys of cells phones! When I was a scout we had to walk the whole way, or get left behind....oh wait, I was never a scout. ;) But, J did say when he was a scout if he would have held anyone up or given up they would have gotten a boot in the behind. a pointy cowboy boot at that! Times have sure changed! :)
On the dunes....even closer.....

Hmmm. I don't know why we didn't get a shot of them lounging on the couch. They made good time. I was amazed. and only minus one boy! Pretty good. I know there were alot of sore feet that day.
I was hoping the boys would post this, but they didn't so I don't have any personal experiences with this activity except I dropped our boys off at the church and saw them all come straggling in. Kaleb and Brandon even ran the driveway. Pretty impressive!

1 comment:

caseyann said...

I really hope to come visit you some day!!! I love all the things you do outdoors. I love being outside enjoying this beautiful world!