Thursday, March 11, 2010

sidewalks

The job we did yesterday was fun and cool. Our clients had a landscaped back yard with gravel pathways. They decided to concrete the pathways. That is where we came in. Even though they mostly just followed the existing pathways, I still felt like J and Chase did a great job forming them up. We just poured these yesterday, so they are not stripped yet. Porbably an exposed or stamped top would have been better, but the clients wanted a broom finish...which still turned out great and was a little complicated with all the curves.
There are existing stone steps throughout that were incorporated into the concrete.
This is the kind of work I love doing....creative, and makes a big difference.
I love my job!
We still need to do the sidewalks on the sides of the house and maybe eventually the front, leading to a driveway. Should be fun.

4 comments:

Gramma Jello said...

Is there anyway of uprooting all of that and moving it to my house? I just LOVE it! You guys did a beautiful job. Is this the one you were worried about because it rained during the night? You need not have worried!!

Gramma Jello said...

I just got home and Gayle told me to look at your blog. You do such cool things with projects like that. It's really fun to run around when we are there to see your work. To me, it very impressive, and easy to see why you like to do that kind of work. We are very proud parents and love you a lot.

Verlee said...

it is a beautiful yard, isn't it. and it's right on the bay! we were worried and grateful that it set up before the rains hit. thanks.

LeaAnne said...

Beautiful!!! :) Great job!