Sunday, March 14, 2010

Beach pics

I figured out how to download the photos from my phone. I must say I found some interesting stuff on there! :) Before I post the photos from our beach walk tomorrow, I wanted to post these of jelly fish on the beach we found. I think a few months ago, at Kalaloch. We see small jellyfish pretty regularly...or chunks of them... but these big ones are not as common. You can totally see their guts!
Yesterday, we were at Damon Point. It is where the bay meets the ocean...so there is basically a spit of land, with the bay on one side and the Ocean on the other. It is about a 2-2.5 mile walk to the end. If you go at the wrong time, you can get stuck out there because the tide will go all the way across. It is a great place to find agates, and other beach treasures. And a great walk.
There were quite a few patches of shells. Not sure why.

We also found a few starfish, which is not a common sight at this beach.
\
Elijah found this long rope and decided it was his beach treasure! He hauled it back to the car, which was over a mile away.

Occasionally Kas or Kaleb helped. I didn't touch the thing! ;)
I was really impressed they made it. I half expected Elijah to give up. It was a fun day!

1 comment:

Elli said...

Wow... really cool pictures! I never saw big jellyfish or starfish there, either! Or a humongous green rope for that matter. Did he try and talk you into letting him hang it in his room? :)