Sunday, March 7, 2010

Beautiful evening at the beach!

Last Sunday we went to the beach. It was a beautiful day. We forgot it was a clam tide. This is out at Roosevelt beach, probably less busy than town...but still lots of clammers. Since we've moved here, we've only gone once. I know, silly....but we don't really eat clams. Elijah goes with friends now, and we use the clams for crab bait.....
Anyways, I love seeing the line. Here's a night vision. When it is busier, that is a sureal sight! While we were driving down the beach, in our new to us suburban :)....so glad to have a beach worthy vehicle again.... we came across this cool castle,and abandoned fire. So, we decided to stop and keep them company.This is the boys! They are growing up so fast...well, except for Elijah. ;) He's staying short! But soo cute!Kas tended the fire most of the evening.
some family shots. Kaleb looks a little emo here, so we did another .....a little better, but still not great......
yeah, this is more like it.....We were parked right under this cave. too much of a temptation for the boys. They were up there in no time.


And then came down and challenged us to go. I couldn't resist. I don't want the boys to think I'm a wimp. I will admit I was a little winded...but that wasn't my biggest problem.
I don't really like the heights thing..so, I stayed back in the cave a little...where I had to worry about a cave in. silly anxiety. makes me crazy! :)

J helped me down. I probably looked a bit like an old lady coming down...not wanting to look down, or fall. But it was worth it. Later we were walking down the beach and a friend drove by high fiving me. I think he saw me climbing...I kindof forgot we might have had an audience...maybe I should have tried to be less of a scaredy cat and old lady coming down!

We had a great time. Made a vow to get out to the beach and bonfire more this year. We rarely do it, and people travel for miles to have the opportunity. :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm so jealous! You guys are always doing such fun things. Miss you!