Monday, April 12, 2010

an embarrassing moment

A few weeks ago we were sitting in church during a testimony meeting. We were listening to an emotional testimony when Jeremy nudged me. I looked over at him and he motioned for me to look the other way...at our son. I won't name names to preserve embarrassment...but one had been rooting through my purse looking for gum. He found this and thought he'd scored! Unbenownst to him, I'd realized I'd found a perfect carrier for something besides gum. My son...the unnamed one...had it open, up about chest level on the back pew.... not very discreet...with the most confused look on his face! I grabbed it, and slammed it back into my purse....and tried my dangdest and failing miserably to keep a straight face. I could not stop laughing. I would not look at my unnamed son....or J...for fear of totally losing it. I guess that will teach him for trying to steal gum from me! I guess it should teach me also...for not using a gum container for something else. but it probably won't. It just works too perfectly! at least half of my family knows to stay away from it now...so..it should be good!

4 comments:

caseyann said...

that is so funny!!

Brenda said...

I just had something like that happen yesterday. I had bought a box at the airport and had it in my purse. I had to put up my purse for take off and Tom asked if I wanted anything out of my purse.. and I said yes I need my gum. I went to put my hand in my purse and pulled out the tampon box.. in full sight of everyone in first class and everyone waiting in line .. I turned bright red and shoved it back in.. and grabbed my gum instead.. again.. should know better than to just have a box.. now if I was smart like you I would have them in a great little Altoid container.. :)

Jessie and Jonathan said...

haha, I found a cute craft the other day to hold those. I will see if I can find it for you. That is why I don't let people in my purse. If they want something they can bring me my purse and I will find it for them.

Jessie and Jonathan said...

check this out. http://www.flickr.com/photos/manicbutterfly/sets/72157601049839097/