Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Death

My cousin passed on this morning. His death was expected. He's been fighting cancer. He is young, early 20's. That is the tragedy. But, with the unexpected cancer taking him, it does seem like it is definitely his time to die. We have had so much death in my family, and with people I know the last year or so. It has been amazing to me. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation. And that I know we will live on, and continue becoming. Otherwise, I can imagine this last while would have been unbearable. I did not know this cousin at all. I come from a large Mormon family, and even though I am very close to my immediate family, there are many cousins I haven't had the chance to get to know. I was an adult and into my own life when he came along. But, I mourn for his parents. To lose a child in the prime of his life....must be difficult. Even when you know he is in a good place, and the time is short til we meet again.
Life is so unpredictable. I have already faced that fact head on in my life, but it keeps getting thrown at me. We never know what tomorrow brings. We never know how long we will have the association of those we love, or even how long we will dwell on this earth.

While I was sitting here contemplating these thoughts, I looked up and saw my picture of Jesus looking back at me. You know, HE makes it alright. He paid the price, He overcame death. We will live again. What joy!

4 comments:

Lacy King said...

I am so overcome with gratitude when I think of our Lord. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and for the knowledge of knowing that we can all be together again. A JOYFUL REUNION

Verlee said...

I am counting on JOYFUL!

LeaAnne said...

Even from the little I know..I know you have had a lot of loss this year! I to am SO glad I have been able to gain the knowledge of how, & why the plan of salvation affects our lives. Hugs to you friend.

Rachel said...

Hey,

You know what? I understand and can empathize with you and your family.

I'm also counting on joyful.

Been thinking of you. I didn't know you had a blog, and I was wondering how to find you again. (I lost your email).

Life sure is interesting, isn't it?