Sunday, August 9, 2009

Saturday

Earlier this week J mentioned that we could go to the Temple on Saturday. It is a 2.5 to 3 hour drive, so we don't seem to be able to go often enough. Needless to say, I was pretty excited!
Friday rolls around and I am not feeling well. J is on duty until saturday morning. We decide we will wait to see how things go in the morning and go from there.
J comes home Sat morning and we take a nap. Neither one of us slept well....my with my insomnia, and he running calls or anticipating them!
We woke up a few hours later, feeling much better, and decided to go.....check recommends...J's expires this month! hmmm...good to know. Decide it might be a good idea to check the temple schedule: closes for maintenance 10 Aug.....hmmmm.....good to know. we just got in under the wire! ;)
We'd decided to go on the Motorcyle. wanted to try it, hadn't had the chance. It had been rainy earlier in the morning, but by the time we left it was good. so...what to do about the dress?!!! I found my most wrinkle resistant skirt, and decided to wear it bunched up in my riding pants. Right as I was putting them on, I changed my mind. I would just change where the G store was! So, I threw on my jeans, riding pants, boots...and brought skirt and shoes. I was tempted to wear the black leather boots in the temple, but resisted! ;)
We make a few stops along the way and end up at the temple about 1/2 hour before session. perfect timing! We ride over to the G store, I grab my skirt, slip on my shoes, and stow my riding pants and boots.....and head in. The line at the G store was the longest I've ever seen it...so that will have to wait. I see no restroom area....so what to do?!!!! grr....I am sure I looked a little silly with jeans walking around with a skirt. I walk over to the temple, through the woods and am very tempted to just change in there (the woods) but decide that probably isn't proper temple ettiquette. I really don't want to have to walk up to the temple in jeans, but finally do. Change in the waiting room restroom....and go in. by then we have 10 minutes. We are cutting it close. I rush in, change quickly into my temple clothes and get up to the chapel just in time for them to announce it is time to go in. J is still not there! I am worried we will have to wait another hour for the next session. He arrives just in time....wew!!!!
It was very nice.
When we are done, we head down to the cafeteria. closed of course! So, on the way out, I go back to the waiting room and change back into my jeans, head out and dress in my riding gear in the parking area. We decide to dinner at Claim Jumpers....which is a favorite. Fortunately the wait isn't too long and the food is delicious!
On the way home my eyes start itching. I just think I got something into it. Also my stomach starts cramping real bad. not good on a bike. I keep opening my helmet and rubbing....and thinking I am going to fall off the bike from cramps! We finally stop at Safeway in Aberdeen (about 30 min from home) I ask J about my eyes...and one is swollen, the other a bit! I am not sure if I am having an allergy attack or what. and if it would hit my stomach too.... well, I rinsed my eyes...and suffered through the trip home...where we found no Benadryl...which I couldn't believe. I always have that stuff around! This morning my eye is about half it's size from yesterday. My lower lid feels soo heavy! My stomach is still a little tender but not as bad as it was. Still not sure what hit me. J is back at work. I decided to skip church today. Didn't want to go with a puffy eye! Totally vegging today!
BUT, I still had a wonderful day yesterday! I love hanging out with J. I really enjoy riding with him. I think it is the perfect activity for a husband and wife. Time together. I was so happy everything worked out for us to go...even with the close calls. added to the adventure I guess! :)
Thanks J.

oh and other news:
dad called friday and said the boys were going to rough it camping that night. hike ( gramps said they had to stay within yelling distance) ...they ended up at the top of the water fall...set up a shelter and sleep all night without tent or bags. I have to tell you, the idea makes me a little nervous, but I was glad they had the opportunity. J used to do stuff like this all the time. I guess they made their shelter. took up snacks to eat. and hunkered down for the night. They said they couldn't sleep well, but wanted to make it through the night. They said it was cold. and not comfortable...they were sleeping on rocks. They would doze for awhile and then wake up...throughout the night. Finally when it seemed like it was starting to get light, they decided to hike home. they figured it was about 4:30 or so. Well, much to their dismay, when they got back to the motorhome it wasn't even 1 am yet! They stayed the rest of the night in the Motorhome (which is where they sleep at the Grandparents). Mom said she slept pretty restlessly worrying about them....and then about laughed when she heard they were in the motorhome most of the time she was tossing and turning!
J said he is anxious to take them out again...and teaching them a few things about being comfortable out there! I am glad they had the opportunity, in a fairly safe environment! My boys are growing up!
the funniest thing about the whole thing was that Elijah matter of factly told Dad he should bring the 22! HA! NO!

No comments: