Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Quiet

My house is soo quiet.
The boys have been gone for over a month and a half and Kas has been gone for over 2 weeks! We have never been kidless for this long! (well, since we had kids) In fact we were the type of parents who rarely had babysitters, because we really liked being with our kids. The boys have gone to Karate on and off for the last few summers, but I don't think they ever stayed the full summer. And this year Kas is showing her 'maturity' by showing she can stay away from home too!
I am soo excited for the opportunity they are having, but I also feel like I am being cheated my summer vacation! I don't have the kids to 'play' with me! Construction is pretty slow, so we have more free time than usual, and this was the summer I wanted to hike, bicycle, etc more. The kids are older now, and we can do more!
But, J and I have had a wonderful time together. We can hop on the bike any time and be gone all day if we want and we don't have to worry about where Kas is going to go. We've gone on a few bicycle rides, dates, etc. We have talked about taking the bikes, and going camping. Or on a hike, but most of that stuff we want to do with the kids. so, we will see. We have been working on our boat, getting it running and have taken it out a few times. But, that is another activity where we miss the kids and wish they were there. I have also been using this opportunity to get some deeper cleaning done. I know this has been good for all of us. It is just very different than what we are used to. I will be glad when we are all back in the same house for awhile. I will go get them a few weeks before school starts, which will be good.
2009 will be recorded as my quiet summer!
Not sure if I will let the kids go next year! ;).
btw, we have gotten 2 tiny eggs. I think our babies are becoming teens! and I also think we ended up with a rooster in our last batch!

No comments: