Wednesday, November 26, 2008

plea deal

Today Dave pled guilty for Kristy's murder. His bargain is 20-life instead of the death penalty. I understand that he will most likely not be eligible for parole for 40 years or so. We will find out in January I think. I am grateful Dave pled. He has been pretty adament about trying to get off...which has been hard to see. I have no idea how he is feeling and what his motivation is, but I am certain this is best for Kristy's family. It has been almost a year. Man, that is crazy. Her boys live close by...so we will be able to visit soon. I am so glad they are home, for good. Ann has had quite a year. I applaud her. I think she has endured it well. and I know her and Al will be blessed for all they have endured, and their willingness towards the boys. I know one day it will all be made well. I am so grateful for that knowledge.

I am also very proud of my little sisters. (and brothers) They have been there for Ann helping in every way. I could not have handled things as well as they have.

The Lord puts people in our paths to help us accomplish what needs to be done. Kristy lived in an awesome ward. I have been soo impressed with all they have done. The prosecuters, policemen, advocates for the kids, etc....were all necessary and working hard to bring things to a good conclusion. We've definitely had oposition.....but many blessings and tender mercies. I am so grateful we can see the Lord's hand in all. I cannot imagine going through this without that blessing.

on a lighter note...I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I was just thinking of you and this and then I came and saw you wrote about it.

I hope for peace for your family.

Thanks for sharing and happy Thanksgiving.

Rummfor5 said...

:'(
are these friends of yours?
this sounds tragic. I'm sorry you have been through this in your branch and community.
I hope the ones left after the trgedy/violence are blessed with comfort and healing.