Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My camera has been out of commission for a few weeks. I lost my battery charger for it. I know it has to be around somewhere, but I can't find it. thankfully, J ordered me another one,. silly me, I would just live a lot longer without use of my camera. I have learned it is not nearly as fun to blog without photos. J still has his camera, and we take photos with that, but I never get a hold of it to post photos.
Kas got student of the month in her class yesterday. We also found out today that she will be moving classes. At the beginning of the year they combined the 3rd and 4th graders and had 3 classes. I didn't have a problem with it. I liked Kas's teacher and she loved her, so it was all good. And, the kids will go to different classes for reading, math, etc...so, they stay with their level. Well, there have been many new students, so now they have to change things around a bit. She is very disappointed to learn she is going to be moving up to the 4th, 5th grade class. Today she will learn who is moving up with her...probably some of her friends will be there too...and then it won't be so disappointing for her. We'll see. I wonder why so many families are moving into Ocean Shores.....and why more aren't LDS!
Elijah recieved an award for football. I did not get any photos of Elijah this year playing football, or with his team or coaches or anything. I always thought we would have an opportunity,....and I didn't. oh well. next year he will play at the jr high. and he will be in full gear. he'd been playing flag. I am excited to see how well he does.
Kaleb had his second meet last night. He was sick at the first meet, and didn't do very well. He was excited to see he was going to compete against the same guy for his first match. He pinned him right away. He byed the second match, which means the person he was supposed to compete against didn't show. We thought that meant he wouldn't be able to wrestle again. He wasn't satisfied with that. Coach realized there was another competitor who had a bye in his same bracket...so he said they should have put the two together. Kaleb was so determined to wrestle again, he went to ask the head guy if he could wrestle the other person. We had to wait until the end of the meet, but he was able to wrestle ....a girl! Of course he beat her right away as well. He went away feeling pretty good. We were proud of him, cause he did a great job. He has another meet tomorrow where he will compete against different kids. I was going to say boys, but with Kaleb you never know. I guess he is in the right weight bracket for some of the girls who decide to wrestle.

Seemed like I had other things to post...but can't remember. We are definitely proud parents!

1 comment:

Gramma Jello said...

We want to see all the kids do what they do - it's frustrating to not be there. We are planning a trip we hope won't be too far away.
We haven't had a chance to talk to you guys since Jeremy's award, but want you to know we are so proud of him, that it's probably sinful. (not really) We have told enough people about it, that Kris told me to stop bragging about my kids.

We love you so much and miss you so much. Hope to talk to yu soon.

G & G Jello/Pudding