Tuesday, November 25, 2008

blue egg


we got our first blue egg today! exciting! we have one chicken that will lay blue eggs....and even though we have been getting eggs for a few months now, and have been anxiously watching for the blue egg..but I guess the blue chicken took a little longer to mature. the funny thing, is Elijah found it and brought it in....after we took the photo he dropped the egg! It just cracked a bit, but it was pretty funny. Kaleb found our first brown egg when he stepped on it...I don't usually like to eat the first egg so, I didn't mind that much. I got the photo....so, it's all good. He found these three eggs together. We like diversity here! Has anyone ever eaten a blue egg before. wonder if it is going to taste the same...or look the same on the inside. We have gotten some very interesting eggs. Chickens are so much fun. Everyday Elijah asks if we can get more.

3 comments:

Lacy King said...

I didn't even know there were blue eggs. I have only eaten white and brown eggs. ONCE THOUGH... I was getting ready to eat breakfast, cracked open the egg to put in the pan and the yoke (sp) was red.... I don't think I ate another egg for a month. BUT I LOVE THEM NOW! Yeah for the blue egg!

Rachel said...

Blue egg... is that normal? Never heard of it. Is it like Green Eggs? ;)

Verlee said...

The breed of chicken lays blue eggs. so we have been anticipating it. I don't know why they aren't common. We will let you know when we try it.

We don't have a rooster so we don't have to worry about blood spots in the eggs. I guess non fertilized eggs don't last as long though.