Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving. We stayed home this year...well, actually we had it at the church with the 'no one home alone for thanksgiving'...it was fun, but I had to get my kids (and dh) in from playing to go. At that moment I thought...maybe it would be easier to have a stay at home no pressure meal. but, we went to the church and it was fun. Good food. I made most of the things I wanted so we could have leftovers. So, Kas and I cooked all morning. This was Kas' first year in the kitchen with me...where she participated in most of the dishes. She made the famous chocolate pie...she learned a few pies ago, and it has become her responsibility, and then helped in a big way with the cranberry salad...my personal favorite, the apple pie, rolls, hmmm...and probably a few others. I also made a berry pie...love those. and...it is tradition in the Simpson family to smoke (on the grill) the turkey. I have never done it before...it is usually dad's or brothers job...but we made one this year. It turned out perfectly. I called dad a dozen times making sure I got it right...and we did. J helped, so it can become his job now. I tried to take photos but my battery was dead and we had to go. I didn't get any photos of today. I should have gotten some with Kas and me in the kitchen. I hope it will be a good memory for her. She worked hard, and I am very proud of her.
We have many things to be thankful for. We have been very blessed this year. We have had huge trials as well....but always see the hands of the Lord through our trials. That is a huge blessing. I am glad we have a few days to spend with the family. We are planning to hike Colonel Bob on Saturday....if the weather is decent. We have done it the last 2 years, and just hadn't had time this year. It is usually a 2 day event, but we are going to try the one day hike. It is only 4 1/2 miles up, but pretty steep. I will let you know how it goes...hopefully!

No comments: