Saturday, November 22, 2008

another addition of this and that....

Tomorrow is bring a friend to church day. I am happy to report that each of my friends invited a friend or two or ten. Kaleb texted a bunch of his friends after church last week asking them if they wanted to come. He finally had one say he would meet us there. We'll see if he shows. Elijah's best friend is coming, and Kas' friends didn't work out....one said maybe, the other said yes, but I don't know what happened. As for me....I had great intentions, but forgot to call and ask. I guess I need to learn from Kaleb....call at the first opportunity. My problem was I needed to get the number from J and always forgot.

We have had such a busy week. stuff going on every night. It is fun, but crazy. I have been doing alot of computer work...trying to get the end of year stuff done. I have been doing so much that my arm and back are cramped from all the typing. silly. I have also started doing Indexing for the church/family history. I enjoy doing it. and can whip out one to two pages a day. I wish the people writing those records would have been thinking of those of us, hundreds of years later, trying to read their writing! just kidding. I know my writing can be hard to read at times.

Well, J's vacation bonus was much better than we expected, so he is going to Hawaii with me. I am very excited. He became more excited when he realized he could get his scuba certification done while we were there. He's been wanting to do it for awhile, but there isn't any scuba groups out here, so he would have had to travel aways to go. Once he has it done he will be interested in joining the local dive rescue team.....We will be there for a full week if you count travel time. He said he was just hoping the wedding wouldn't interfere with his diving class. dumb boy. (but, I'll take him). That was his reluctance in going to Hawaii....he would have to attend a wedding. He stays away from weddings and funerals, if he can help it!

oh...I got my ears repierced today. this will have been the third time. I have always let them close up. But, someone gave me some earrings for my birthday...and with Kas getting older, and wanting me to, I decided to go ahead and do it. I did feel silly getting them done at 42! Elijah noticed right away. J is on a guys night watching a fight out of town...he will come home in the morning and head straight to work...so we will see how long it takes for him to notice. Elijah said it makes me look younger...man, does he know the way to a woman's heart or what!!!

Kas has learned more about her class switch. I guess the 5th graders eat lunch with the 6th...so she will not be eating lunch or doing recess with most of her friends. (She does have 3-4 of her best friends moving up with her, though) She will be switching her reading and math with the 5th graders. So, this is going to be a bigger change than I was expecting. She is a little excited and a little sad about it all. I think it will all happen in a week...so we will see then how it goes.

I am excited for thanksgiving. We will be doing it at the church this year, for those who don't have family to celebrate with. We have done it a few years and it is fun. We decided to say around home this year to save $$$ and get stuff done.

No comments: