Tuesday, October 13, 2009

more visitors and misc photos


Dad, Mom and Amber just left for home this morning. They have been here for a week. I don't have any pictures with me right now, but will post some later. They brought me Hydrangea's from Anns, that I was able to transplant in the patio area. I am soo exited and hope I don't kill them off. I have some smaller pink plants and then some tall blue ones. They also brought me a bunch of raspberry starts that I planted right off the front deck. I am hoping they will create a hedge and we will be able to pick right off the deck. I love raspberries, so am very excited to have them here. We've had salmonberries, strawberries, blackberries and huckleberries in abundance, so the raspberries will be a good addition. Now, I just need to get some blueberries and we'll be set.
We picked a bunch of blackberries hoping to make another batch of jam and a pie. But when I got them out a few days later they were moldy. that was quite frustrating! Especially since I'd already made the crust and had it rolled out and ready to go. We settled for a chocolate pie, which is usually a favorite, but was still quite a disappointment from the expected blackberry!
We did the usual boat ride, scenic drive, beach walk, good eating stuff. But they were also able to watch Kas play volleyball, (including and awesome serve), and Elijah play football (where his team won). His game was intense and he did good, so that even added to the mix! We had some great times. Time flies when you're having fun. The kids were super busy, and Jeremy had a lot of work to do so I was with them a lot by myself, which was also sweet.

I love my family and being able to spend time with them is a special treat, since we live away from everyone.

Here are some shots of the last few weeks:
Kas practicing before her first game.

These aren't good pictures, but did I mention on here that Elijah is pretty small compared to the other teammates? Well, he is one of the short guys.
Here he is....in the back. He plays number 7! Is this cute or what!Branch Tuna Feed! divine! If you have never had fresh grilled tuna, you have to try it!

The guys back from their long weekend....5 days: Wa, Or, Id, Ut, Az, Nevada and back. almost 3000 miles in 5 days! crazy!fishing season on the river.

No comments: