Thursday, July 30, 2009

summer catch-up

Monday after the 4th the boys went with G&G up north for Karate. They aren't doing the 'camp' this year, because they've outgrown it, but are taking quite a few classes throughout the summer to get some good training. I know they are taking a jiu jitsu class and a kick boxing class. They are taking something to do with grappling. and Elijah is taking a sword and knife fighting class. They are having a great time. But, it is hard to have them away for so long. I am a home body who likes her family home as well. You wouldn't be able to tell with the life we live though....
We have been working pretty steady while they've been gone. One of our customers/friend gave us this scooter to add to our collection of putt putt toys. I think it will help me gain more confidence on the bike. Kas even took a go at it, which pleased us all I think!
We had Harley weekend, which is always fun. The fire dept has a fundraiser breakfast that we try to help out at...so, after that,




our branch Pioneer party and a few other essentials, we headed up north to see the boys.
We got there late Saturday. Sunday morning we slept in, and then went over to Silver Lake, which is only about 20 minutes from Shaynes house and a family favorite campspot. We had a wonderful breakfast....how come it always tastes better camping? eggs, sausage, fruit salad, yumm!



Then we went exploring. Jess and I spent a girls camp at Silver Lake, our family has camped here numerous times, and J and I almost 'renewed our vows' here....we couldn't, so had a little reception here instead, which was great fun. My Simpson family had Thanksgiving here in their little lodge. We rented the whole thing and a few cabins. It was wonderful!
These photos show a little why we love it so much.

Beautiful scenery......
cute cabins (to rent...which we haven't)
love the moss covered trees....
little playground.....
We have a family shot right here, 6 years ago...if I can figure out how to scan the photo I will do it later. The kids have grown a lot. J and I are just a little chubbier! ;)
We also took a bunch of photos in this tree...I hope I can scan them. This is not a good shot, cause we had the camera on the ground......but it serves it's purpose! Look at my boy. It makes me crazy! Later in the day we went to a river near Shayne's house. am I a bad mom for letting my kids swim in that river? It was soo dirty, from a storm the night before. Elijah is definitely our adventurous one. He kept finding ways to float down the river a bit. It was a warm day so the water felt good. I just stuck my toes in....
Monday we went to the studio to watch the boys. Shayne has a very nice studio...

Practicing moves....
Listening....

more moves......I let Cayden and Kale take some photos...this is what I got......







We are glad the boys are doing something productive this summer.
We are very blessed with great kids! And are very thankful for Jessie and Jonathan, Dad and Mom and Shayne and Penny for letting the boys do this.
We also left Kas up there so she could spend some time with the family. She is not interested in Karate this year...but wants to hang out with her cool Aunt Jessie. oh yea, and everyone else.
J and I rode the 650 home. It was HOT but we had a nice ride. We left the motorhome up there.
Oh, and we had a family birthday party for J! Happy 28 hunny! ;)

No comments: