Monday, July 6, 2009

finally!

We are finally home with a few extra minutes for catchup.
Saturday after school let out was the Baseball Tournament and family picnic. We won both games on Saturday and then the team finished off the season on sunday with one other win....giving them second place. Elijah finished off pretty well. As a rookie, he had a very impressive batting average...which I can't really remember. He had a few war wounds as well to show for his season. He'd slammed into the fence trying to catch a home run and hit is chin. A ball got him on the side that left quite a bruise and he'd hyperextended his thumb, which didn't heal well throughout the season. I think he was proud of his war wounds, but he was also very tired and ready for the season to be over. There are some great athletes on his team, who he's played basketball and football with. It is going to be fun watching them continue to play as they get older. Even though J and I were never into team sports much, I think we still managed to bring an athlete into this world! It will be fun to watch!
J was bombarded while watching the last games. I think he had fun! What is it with boys and wrestling?

The funniest thing was when another little boy saw their fun and decided to join in. He jumped my back much to his parents dismay. He was off me within seconds...and on a parents lap.. but I thought it was cute!
We had church sunday and then finished getting ready for our trip. J was on duty. I begged his capt to let him take the night off....and he was able to come home late to help us with our last minute preps....and then we were off...early monday morning.....more to come!






No comments: