Friday, June 12, 2009

last day of school

I dropped the kids off today and then went for a walk on the beach. I had a nice walk and actually found two starfish on the beach. I actually think that is the first time I've seen starfish on the beach....and not in a tide pool area or clinging to rocks. There were 2 and they were the same size and color. I was tempted to take them, but I was certain they were alive...so I put them together back into the water. It was a cool sight. I didn't have my camera though, so no photos.
But, as I was leaving, this guy was off to the right, posing for me. We see deer ALL the time in Ocean Shores. But this guy looked pretty majestic! and he kept that pose for me. He didn't even blink until after I took the photos. and then as soon as I got back into the car, he moved his head, and started walking away. Maybe he was freezing so I would not see him, but I like to think he was posing for me, so I could get a good shot.
Anyways, I took lots of photos this week...and it looks like maybe someone erased the disc. I am not sure and hoping that isn't the case, or I may have lost lots of photos. It was spirit week this week....with dress up days and I got great photos for most of it. Also Kaleb had his graduation or moving up on wednesday ( and then had two more days of finals....how dumb is that!). There was also field day where Elijah went into the dunk tank. anyways, it has been a fun, crazy week.

We went to the graduation and awards assembly. It was nice but very long. You can see how excited Elijah is!
Here's Kas wit a few of her friends and classmates.
It's official! Elijah is done with the 6th grade, and elementary school!

With some of his friend. He had quite a relationship with his math teacher...the other 6th grade teacher.


His teacher.

Yeah! SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!

Hopefully I will find the other photos and show you the rest of the week. It's been fun! and busy!

1 comment:

amy said...

We are still such tourist when it comes to seeing wildlife while in OS. We stop the car... slow down... so all the kids can see. Good thing the roads arent to busy.