Monday, June 8, 2009

brownies

so, I was hungry for brownies the other day....and made the mistake of making them....because I couldn't stop eating them. I am usually pretty good at only having a few cookies...but I ate alot of brownies, until the kids finished them off....then I was just mad! not really, we just made more the next day. Generally I don't like box brownies, and I haven't found a good, easy recipe for awhile. I like chewy, gooey, not gooey or cakey. So, I decided to make my own. I think they turned out wonderfully! They are chewy, and stay that way....at least by the next day. They haven't lasted much longer than that!
I don't have photos but here's my recipe:

VERLEE'S BROWNIES

3/4 cup melted butter
2 cups brown sugar (you can use 1 cup white and 1 cup brown if you like) I used dark brown
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups chocolate chips
nuts

mix melted butter and brown sugar well. add eggs one at a time and beat well. add vanilla.

after vanilla is mixed in, add dry ingredients and mix until just blended. stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

Bake at 350 degrees in prepared 9x13 pan. (I sprayed with pam) for about 30 minutes, or until edges are pulling away from pan.

Let cool. and cut! Yummy!

if you try them let me know what you think! I loved them.

Sorry I am not fancy with photos and such. I don't use pretty bowls and cake pans to bake with....and I don't have a beautiful kitchen to display! ;)

1 comment:

amy said...

I bet they are wonderful:) Brownies are not my weakness....but put me in a cupcake shop or bakery... watch out. I could never work in a bakery.... thats all I am saying.