Thursday, May 28, 2009

mile run continued

Well, we have been going at this for about a week now, and it is going well. I did miss a few days due to illness, but plan on hopefully getting back on it tonight. The awesome thing is my family has joined in on the fun! They have all started running with me and charting their efforts. By the second day all of the kids posted faster times than I did...which isn't necessarily saying much, but I was amazed. It is fun to take turns on the treadmill, cheering each other on, finding good running songs for each person, trying to outdo each other (good, clean competition!). They have no idea how awesome this was for me! The other day Kaleb said he felt a little sorry for me...I was surprised, and asked why, because I was soo thrilled by their participation. He said, "well, we are all running faster than you!" I laughed...and told him "NO WAY! I AM THRILLED!" He can't even come close to comprehending a mother's love and joy in watching her kids accomplish something difficult. ...but, I did remind him I would have whipped his butt when I was his age! ;)...just to keep him improving! :)
The whole ordeal has brought everyone back into our little gym...on the bowflex and stuff...so it's all good. summer is coming on. I want my kids to be in shape and to value exercise, in any degree. I had no idea when I made this goal the blessing it would be for our family. Just so long as we keep up on it. I look forward to going to the track and us all running together! won't that be fun!

3 comments:

amy said...

Way to go guys:) I too started running again.... after 15years.... its a challenge.... but rewarding. I love the idea of the gang getting involved... but like the solitude it brings me:)

Verlee said...

a mom's desperation....hit the open road in running shoes for some peace and quiet! enjoy yourself!

elaine said...

May I be in your fan club? And I can't wait to hear more about the 24 hour walk.
E