Saturday, April 4, 2009

OUR FIRST BORN

Kaleb celebrated his 14th birthday in the middle of March. He is an awesome kid, and we are very happy to have him around....even though he is in the throes of his teen years! HA!
I know what has amazed me the most is how much he has changed in the last few years.
Here he is at his 12 th birthday!
and then at 13.
And now 14! He's gained probably 8 inches and 40 pounds. He went from the king of grade school to the king of Jr High! His voice changed a few octaves. I know I have mentioned it numerous times, but every day I've felt like I woke up to a new kid! He is still the awesome, cute guy he's always been...but also different. It is so fun watching.
Kaleb is following in his parents footsteps...by being a band geek! He plays the trombone...backwards..or upside down....I can't remember which. I think with the wrong hand...but he plays well, and is thinking of branching of into other instruments just for fun! Some of the coolest guys in my high school band were trombone players...so...this makes me happy! Kaleb loves pets. The dogs, chickens, now bunny....he loves having animals around...along with most of the rest of the family!
His latest love....in the last few years, is bike riding. He doesn't care to get a car in a few years, cause he plans on riding his 'bike' when he gets his license. we will see if that changes in the next few years!
This is from last year.

He is a great helper and a generous guy. here he is working with the firemen for the sand and surf breakfast...also a few years ago.


This is Kaleb out riding last week. he's grown into his bike a bit!




Kaleb is also into wrestling, track, karate. He is also quite creative in his writing and drawing. He does well in his church callings, and strives to live a good life. We love Kaleb and are so glad to have him in our family! I am excited to see what the next year brings!































5 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to him! :)

Lacy King said...

HE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE JEREMY! Have you noticed? :)

Lori said...

Your kids are beautiful (I'm sure your boys wouldn't want to be called beautiful though--handsome, that works)! It was so good to see you again! I hope Jeremy's bike riding plans worked out with the weather and all. Take care.

Anonymous said...

He is so big now Verlee and oh my does he look like his father or what?!

Shan

Melissa said...

i can't believe he is 14 already! he's a handsome guy!