Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Gramma Jello


Last weekend was Jeremy's moms birthday, the infamous Gramma Jello. We weren't there to celebrate with her, but hope she had a wonderful day anyway. We also hope she has a wonderful year....I won't say how old she is, but I did hear she can get the senior discount now... ;). just kidding!

We LOVE Gramma Jello. We love being related to her. I always brag that I have a great mother in law..which as we all know is a blessing!


I tried this post a few days ago, and had a hard time getting to my pictures of Gramma Jello, so this will be photoless...sorry to say...but anyone who knows her, knows she is very beautiful and classy. She always likes to look nice...and her house is beautiful. She has a great sense of style.

She is a very sweet lady. The kids know when they are at Gramma's house, they will be spoiled.


Gramma Jello loves the water. Anytime she comes to visit us at the ocean, she has to get in and wade....sometimes she will get in up to her waist! It doesn't matter how cold or windy it is...she always has to get her feet wet....and then we can't hardly get her out! When we are at a warmer lake, she will sit in a floatie all afternoon if she can. She loves the water...

She also loves clam chowder. That is something else she insists on when she comes to visit. Once we weren't able to get some, and on their way out of town, she stopped at a local restaurant with a good reputation for chowder and took a bowl to go cold....because it wasn't ready yet!

Something that totally cracks me up about Gramma Jello, is that she loves loves loves the smell of diesel, gasoline...anything you might find in an auto shop! Maybe she was a mechanic in a previous life. I hate all of those strong odors and have had to put up with them a lot in my life...so that skill amazes me!

Gramma Jello has a talent for making friends. She is loved by everyone who knows her. She knows how to put people at ease, and considers everyone a friend. She is funny, clever and loving. She loves to make people happy. She is fun to be around.

We feel very blessed to be in Gramma Jello's family. I am so grateful for her parenting skills and the guy she raised for me.
We love you Gramma Jello....and pray you have your best year yet! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

FreeFamWorld said...

Hooray for Gramma Jello!!

Wendy said...

That was an awesome post. I agree with everything. She is the best mom!

Lacy King said...

I love Aunt Gayle! Everything you had to say was so true. She is just one of those people that you can not help but love and hold dear to you! HAPPY BDAY Aunt Gayle! I LOVE YOU!

Gramma Jello said...

Verlee -
What a wonderful tribute to my sweet wife. You must know how grateful I am to have the privilege of being her husband! There is just nobody like her, and she would be the last to say anything about herself, so thank you so very much for your beautiful words. We are looking forward to getting up there so she get here feet in the ocean again. It has been way too long. Our love to you and anyone reading this. Life is good.