Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SCOTT FIREFIGHTER STAIR CLIMB

Sorry, no photos...well, let me check...nope, I couldn't find any...I will try to post some later...but Jeremy participated in the stair climb this weekend. As most of you know, It is 69 flights of stairs (at the Columbia Tower in Seattle...which I think is the tallest building in Seattle). He wears full bunker gear, including his ff water boots...ugh! gloves, helmet, and face mask...with (an hour) tank of air..because he runs, or walks, or crawls, or however he is getting up those stairs, with an airmask on! which means claustophobia for me!
but anyways...he does it.
This is his forth year participating. We are once again amazed by the generosity of our family and friends...Even with the down economy, I think Jeremy was able to take in more money this year than ever before...all the money goes towards Leukemia and Lymphoma research. Anyways. Like I mentioned earlier this is his 4th year participating. I think his best time is just over 20 minutes. and this year he went just under 22 minutes. The best time is 10:55, which just seems crazy. and even though I am very proud of Jeremy and think he did an awesome job, I do have to point out the fact that there were, I think, 2 41 year old women who beat his time! hooya! (but, I am certain I could not!)
I am very proud of Jeremy for participating in this. It is totally voluntary. and with his full time job and running a business in his spare time AND having to keep me happy, he does not have much extra time to train. He never has time to prepare as much as he would like, but he still goes out there and tortures himself for a good cause!
Next year his goal is to NOT participate, because he is hoping to be in Medic school.... keep your fingers crossed for him...but as one fellow racer pointed out yesterday..they don't have classes on the weekend..so he should be able to do both! we will see! It is becoming a tradition, I can't imagine him not participating now!
BTW, if anyone is interested in seeing a bit of what it is like, the do a race the following week, at the Columbia Tower for anyone to climb..without all the gear. I would be totally tempted...if it wasn't on a sunday! ah shucks!


In other news. Kaleb began track this week. He is excited. He is hoping to compete in the discus, the long jump (which is new for him) and probably the 100 meter, and something else..can't remember.
Elijah, after much begging and puppy eyes, started baseball today. His best friend's dad is the coach. It should be fun, but I HATE the waiting around for practice to be over...the cons of living in the country. I do like to see my kids in sports though. especially when they find success...I am a great cheerleader!

It seems like lately we are NEVER home, because I pick the kas up from school and then wait around for them to get out of their sports, and then there is either basketball (fellowshipping) at the church, or scouts, or something else...crazy! I am a homebody! this doesn't settle well with me, but...I also don't want to be selfish! oh well. live and learn!

2 comments:

FreeFamWorld said...

So glad that J was able to go and do so well. Continued success to him! Kurt is planning to go next year, so J better plan on doing both!! I'd love to try the after run...agree with you tho that Sunday makes it an "oh well".
Liz has started track as well and Kathryn is in full-on soccer training. We are running and tag teaming and pulling in Grandpa's to get people where they need to be. These are the days!!

Lacy King said...

I didn't know he was doing it this weekend... Sorry! I have wanted to contribute every year. MAKE SURE YOU TELL ME NEXT YEAR!