Wednesday, March 25, 2009

list of things already done

It has been crazy as usual in our household. I really don't have time to write about it all, so I am going to give a (to do)done list:
1. Kaleb turned 14! I cannot believe it. except that he is definitely growing up! I will write more about this later!
2. He was ordained a Teacher in the Aaronic priesthood the following sunday.
3. My parents and Amber were able to come down for the special occasion. They also brought Tanner, Kale and Cayden (I probably spelt that wrong). We had a great time with them.
4. We had a big birthday bash for Kaleb, with adult family friends, and a lot of teens. It was Saturday evening...and I think everyone had a great time. the only problem, is I think Kaleb is the only one who seems to get 'friend' parties, cause Elijah's birthday is right before school starts in the fall...it is a crazy time...and Kasidee's is usually right around the time Christmas break begins. I need to do something for them though!
5. Jeremy made a quick trip to Idaho to visit with Grandpa Ralph before he passed on...
6. while he was at it, he attempted the 'saddle sore' challenge...which is 1000 miles on his bike (motor) in 24 hours. so, that gave him about 4 hours to visit in Idaho. and not much sleep! He left very early (4am) friday morning and was going to return early saturday morning...so he could help prepare for Kaleb's party. I will tell more about that on a later date as well.
7. Elijah is participating in baseball this year for the first time. He is really enjoying it so far...they haven't had a game yet.
8. Kaleb has started track. His events right now are shot, discus, long jump and 100 meters. His first meet was today and he did very well. This was his first attempt at long jump and he got first place. He wasn't able to find out how he did in the other events, but thinks he did much better than last year in the shot...so...we will see.
9. we have a new pet at our house. A bunny named Delilah. I went to buy chicken feed at the feed store, and they had a sign for bunnies..I decided to go back and look...and we walked out with one. She is very cute and even though my intention was to send her outside as soon as we could, everyone else has a different idea about that. they are planning on housebreaking her...we will see. Jeremy is already talking about getting a new one. CRAZY. he is cute with her though...
10. I got the Twilight movie. I really like it... Jeremy finally was able to watch it last night and he says he liked it :). makes me happy!
11. I got a new bread recipe a few weeks ago..and was finally able to try it. soy lechitin is my new favorite ingredient. I am not too sure what it is but it makes bread rise soo easily. It makes my whole wheat bread yummy! we are eating it likes there's not tomorrow. I also used it for a white bread...the batch made a wonder cheese bread and two pans of cinnamon rolls...they raised up beautifully..and tasted divine. If you are looking for a good recipe, let me know and I will pass it on.

anyways, that's all for now...that I can remember...hopefully I will be able to add more of the good stuff and photos soon!

3 comments:

FreeFamWorld said...

Of course we want the bread recipe. I bought Soy Lecithin years ago when it was supposed to help with weight loss...tastes yucky sprinkled on cereal! And I don't think it did much good in taking off pounds. :|
Can't wait to see pics of Delilah. Good luck on housebreaking ~ didn't know you could do that to a bunny! Just in time for Easter...so fun!
See you soon!!

Rachel said...

So... Easter is coming and you're keeping the Easter bunny in a CAGE??? Wow... brave people. ;)

I think it's funny that I updated my blog like five minutes after you visited and commented on the previous post...

Verlee said...

trust me she is not caged.