Sunday, February 1, 2009

I am way behind with this but Kasidee turned 10 in December. Her birthday is close to Christmas....which always seems to make it inconvenient. This year, our branch (church) had a Christmas party on that same day, and I was in charge, so once again, her birthday took a back seat. As you can see, we tend to wrap her gifts in Christmas wrap. In fact, I wrapped all her presents and decided that day which were going to be Birthday and which were going to be christmas....lame, I know. Anyway, we went to the Christmas party, which was good. and then when we came home, She opened her presents. It was late, she had no cake...cause we had desert at the party...But, she is a good sport....Every year I vow to do better, but don't seem to do it...
She loves jewelry, and accessorizing.


She loves Pet Shop toys.


She loves makeup, and being pretty.

The next morning, fireman santa showed up at our house with stockings!

Kasidee loves her friends. She has a group of friends that she is very devoted to. This is Summer, one of her favorites. She also loves her cousins...the only problem is they live far away. She wishes she had a sister, but will have to do with good friends and good cousins to make up for it!


Kas is my girl. She helps me keep the testostrone levels down at our house. She is the baby of the family and takes on that role quite well. She is beautiful, smart, talented, creative. She loves to accessorize, and isn't afraid that others won't think she's cool...she knows she is. She can write a poem or a story at the drop of the hat, she memorizes amazingly well...which is something I always struggled with. She likes to make things beautiful. I love that she is a reader...like me. We are the only two in our family even though I am desperately trying to convert a few more over....


She loves animals...all of them...all the time. She will totally curl up with the dogs, sleep with them, she always wants them to be around. She would have lots of other pets if we let her...


She isn't afraid to do a little hard work. She can build a fire quite well, and knows how to make kindling. She is not quite as strong as her brothers, but she won't let that stop her from doing most anything. She does like being a girl though...and has a great balance.

When we were getting to know Kasidee, we were hoping she was a bit tomboy and a bit girly girl...and that is exactly what she is. I am amazed by her talents, and abilities and look forward to watching her grow up and continue to develop them. I am not looking forward to the tween years with this girl though...I can already tell we are going to have a few battles. She inherited stubbornness from someone!
....I promise next year I will do better for her birthday!









2 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy belated Birthday Kas! We love you!

amy said...

I have the same dilemma with Kylers birthday on the 27th.... kind-of a crummy time :( Wishing Kas a belated birthday!