Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hawaii





I posted some Hawaii photos on facebook. I think you can see them if you take this link. and then click the (next) on the top right hand corner above the photo. Let me know if it works.




we had a great time. It was everything and more than I anticipated, and I much needed break. Except....since I have been home, I have been cold, and tired! I am definitely ready for spring.


It was very nice to have a get-a-way with Jeremy, but we are also silly, cause we missed our kids so much. We wanted them there experiencing all the cool things we were experiences. We decided this was an oportunity for us to research...so, we can plan a family trip in a few years. Jeremy was able to get his scuba certification...and is hoping at least the boys can do that as well.

Well, we left for the airport sunday afternoon. after church and getting the kids settled and all. We went to Ann's...we are going to stay the night there and Al will take us to the airport early in the morning. We picked up Lori from the Airport that night. She flew in from SLC and is going to take 2 of Shayne's boys in the morning on a different flight. J and I are going to fly with my parents and Amber.
I sat right next to Amber and J sat across the aisle from me. I missed being able to lean on him. but was glad we were all able to sit together. The flight was long, I read most of it. J slept.

Once we got to the airport, we realized we were really in a dilema. I'd waited to reserve a car, cause I couldn't decide what car I wanted to rent...well, we were thinking of a sporty car, verses a jeep. I wanted the jeep...so...when I did try to reserve a week or so before our trip, they said they were out of cars...all cars. I figured we would be able to find something once we got there. no luck. We couldn't find anything at all. Jeremy called a friend who used to live there, to see if he knew of some place....and then we saw Shayne, who'd flown in the day before and was coming to meet up with us and get his kids, and Lori. He said he'd accidentally reserved 2 cars...so, maybe we could get the one he decided against. and thankfully we were able to. It was a nice sized suv....we ended up loving it...and it is something we wouldn't have gotten originally.


We stayed at a place where Shayne has used before when going for Karate training. It is a little lodge and cottage out in the country in Makaowa. Jeremy and I stayed in the cottage.
There were 2 bedrooms.....one big one with a king size bed...which Shayne's family used, and one with two twin beds. That room didn't really work well for anyone so they decided J and I could have it cause we are pretty comfortable together on a twin bed. We like to snuggle....We used the other bed for all our stuff. It worked out pretty well.


One of the differences I noticed here, than at the condo by the ocean we stayed at last time...were the bugs.....mostly little moths at night. If a door was left open they were all over inside. I went out on the deck to read one night, and couldn't handle it cause they were so numerous and annoying. A friend mentioned that the resorts spray to keep the bugs away.
We also found geckos in the house a few times. Otherwise, I really liked staying out there. I guess cause I am a country girl at heart.
This was our first glimpse of the ocean. Isn't it beautiful! I love how bright blue it is! There wer surfers here...that was fun watching.

On tuesday we took the trip to Hana. We saw lots of waterfalls and beautiful plants and cute little villages. I would love to take a full day and stop everywhere and explore. My computer is giving me problems so I am going to have to post more photos later. anyways, this will get you started. Hopefully the link will work as well.

3 comments:

Lacy King said...

HOW FUN FOR YOU GUYS! And hey Hawaii and a twin bed, it does not get much better than that! Glad you guys had the chance to go!

FreeFamWorld said...

I'm so glad you got to go and had such a wonderful time. Great pictures!!

Rummfor5 said...

so fun!