Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Years trip to Idaho

I am so far behind....and can't seem to find the time to post. So frustrating....but maybe I will get there some day. We were able to go to Idaho for New Years. It worked out perfectly for us to be able to finish replacing the cabinets in the kitchen....and do the floor. Do you see how their kitchen..after the old cabinets were out looked kindof crack housish....like we've ever been in one and know what it would look like...but we did enjoy immensely covering up that old gross glue! Do you see Elijah cutting the pergo? He worked very hard to develop his sweet skills...later you will see how beneficial this was! Jeremy and the boys put the floor in with me helping every now and then. I was having my own issues with the sneezing and feeling pretty miserable...my typical, Idaho allergy!!!ugh!!!Anyways, the floor they picked is beautiful and looks very good with the cabinets. We decided while we were at it we would cover the dining room floor as well. We couldn't get enough of the same, so went for the darker color...which I think looks beautiful. I loved it...and felt like it really looked good in that room with the built ins. How exciting. The story behind the dining room floor......Brian (Wendy's dh) came over to help....but about 10-15 minutes into the project, Jeremy was out in the motorhome cramped up and pretty much helpless. Even though Brian is very mechanical minded and a smart guy, he'd never done pergo before....or any floorcovering it seemed....they boys had helped J with the kitchen, so they pretty much taught Brian and I the techniques....and we did it. It was awesome that my 12 and 13 year old were the pros on the floor. Jake (my bro) came over and gave us a few pointers as well. It was awesome. I was very proud of my boys...and grateful for Brian's patience, and willingness to let the boys teach him a thing or two. He did a great job with them and it turned out wonderful! Here is our Teaka modeling the floor for us:



I don't know why I don't have a photo of the cupboards all done...but this gives a little idea of how beautiful they are. Ryan ( the talented finish carpenter) will put beadboard on the walls and trim and make everything beautiful. The countertop is a darker color that looks awesome. I love all the colors, and know it is going to be beautiful when it is all finished. This was such a fun project for us to do. and an interesting way to spend New Years Eve.


In Gayle and Randy's sitting room is a cubby that Tammy had when that was her room. All her friends signed it, and put cool....usually...things up there....Anyways, Ryan made a cool door for it and it became storage. Well, Kas and Megan had other plans... They were down stairs exploring and found a bunch of treasures that seemed perfect for that spot. Kas brought it all up and 'remodeled' the room. It was soo funny watching what she would bring up...and where it would go. i saw a lamp shade go in...and then quickly out...too much space...a pencil sharpener....a candle lamp, these cute cabinets....anyways, it is super cute now...and perfect for Megan, and Ashlyn in the near future!

I was able to visit with Jake and his family for a bit before they got out of town. I didn't get a good shot of all of them, but they are a beautiful family. Here Jake is showing us his skills with the eskimo yoyo mom made for Christmas.
We also spent some time with the Freeman's. I found out K, who just turned 11 is almost as tall as me...already!!! eek! Isn't she beautiful! J and I went on a double date with Kurt and Maryhelen. just like old times. It was fun.

And then we met them at the YMCA. Caldwell has a beautiful Y. Almost everytime we go there we see someone we know. J saw a guy he used to fight wild fire with...and one of my old missionary companions was there with her kids. What a treat. The kids were excited to take a chance at the climbing wall. J can still climb the rope! What a man...and look at his cute hiney!


Kaleb made it to the top in no time. He had to climb barefoot cause he wore his bogs (waterboot) inside.....yes...I know...redneckville. I think they do it cause they know it embarrasses me. I hate them, except in the severe rain....which wasn't happening in Idaho.

I guess it worked for him though!
and then Elijah had his turn! By the time Kas worked up the courage, or desire to go, it was way past time to leave...so she will have to wait for another day.

On our last full day there, J and Kurt were able to take a day trip on the bikes. (Elijah was on the back!) It was cold that morning...so they were well layered up. They found a good route...and took off. I know they had a great time, and got to do some good riding. J's been wanting to ride with Kurt so it was nice they could get it worked out.


We had such a good time.. Visiting, remodeling, eating, shopping.....catching up on home. The time flew, and it seemed like before we knew it, it was time for home. We are grateful we were able to go...and even fill up once or twice at $1.59...what a bargain! Being sick and such, we didn't get to do near as much as we wanted, but we were able to cram a lot into a short amount of time.

4 comments:

FreeFamWorld said...

Wonderful to see all the details of your trip. We were so glad to be a part of it! Getting to visit is always a pleasure. Thanks SO much for the late-night hair doing. I'm loving it! And tell Jeremy thanks for being patient. Is it ok that I tried NOT to look at his tush?? Though I tried to get pics of his climb and probably have a good shot or two. lol.

amy said...

I love your boys:) How cute was it to see them working so hard. I believe I signed my name once upon a time in that cubby too! Sounds like a nice trip all around with the family and friends.
~we are not flooded... but everywhere around us was. As long as we have lived in Sumner... the water is not much a threat to us. We are far enough from the river. Crazy to see... and makes for interesting ways to exit town.

Verlee said...

next time we go we will look for your signature.

Wendy said...

It was so much fun having you guys here. Megan couldn't get enough of Kas. Thanks again Jeremy for your help with Megan's chin. Saved us some money to the hospital and it looks great! We miss you already.