Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year's Revolutions

That is what they were called tonight as we discussed them in fhe. New Year Revolutions. not sure what that means, but I wanted to share a few that my kids came up with: Kaleb's made me laugh the most....
His first resolution is to 'be better than everyone else' ...and then he drew pictures of himself winning the race, pinning the opponant, and lifting twice as much weights as the others. I wonder what kind of issues he has to want to be better than anyone else...it did make me laugh though....but of course the mom in me had to give the...you just have to continue to improve speech....not compete. I am certain it was one of those in one ear and out the other speeches....
The other goal I know he has just to bug me is....'be more of a redneck' these stick figures are holding duct tape, have holey shoes, more stuff in his wallet, and on his belt....man, that boy makes me proud! I guess I should be grateful he doesn't have a picture of him in his 'bogs-a type of rainboot' at school!
Elijah's most interesting ones are to pin Kaleb...heehee. and get rid of the coyotes that are killing our chickens. I have a love/hate relationship with the coyotes. We knew they were coming around. Our friend put a motion camera out by the chicken coop, and they have been out there 10-12 times this last year. They have killed some of our chickens and are obviously coming back for more...but I am a sucker. They are beautiful animals. big, great stance....It is funny to think of coyotes as beautiful...but these really are. so, I hate to think of them dying, or killing them...Elijah's first goal was to kill them....until I whimpered a bit...so he changed it to 'get rid of them'....soften the blow for me.
Of course.....Kasidee....my girl, had normal, typical goals...stop biting nails, save money, etc. We had fun talking about Revolutions...and it was interesting to find out how they think. I know Kaleb likes to do a good job, but I would have never dreamed he wanted to be 'better than everyone else'....he must get that from his dad! ;). I really didn't think he was that competitive.

We also rocked out to 80's music tonight. What a blast. Take me back.....and then I have been finding old classmates on facebook....that really takes me back. I think we all look great at 40+!! hehe.

I just heard that Towery's kitchen is almost done. I can't wait to see the end results! weeeee!!! Hope they post some pictures...hint hint....

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You're on facebook? I'm on facebook...

your kids goals are awesome! lol

Wendy said...

Love the "revolutions". My resolution is to not have any resolutions. That way I can't break them. Ha Ha!

Verlee said...

ctr, are we friends yet?