Friday, December 12, 2008

Talent Show

Last year Kas asked her teacher why we didn't have a talent show at the school, and wondered if she could put one on. Well, her teacher started talking around and told Kas that the teachers loved the idea, and they would have one next year....Now it is next year. and Kas and Elijah both had the opportunity this week to 'try out' for the talent show. I was a little disturbed that they had tryouts, but it ended up being a very cute thing. They took three days, and would do a few grades at a time. So, Kas went on tues with the 3-4 grade classes, and Elijah went yesterday. I thought I had photos of at least Kas waiting nervously with the other tryouts, but I can't find them. Anyways, they all looked so cute, and did I say nervous. In both groups of kids, there were at least 2 Taylor Swift cd's with groups of cute girls. That is what Kas wanted to do...sing Taylor Swift. You must know that took a lot for me to admit to the public. Hi, my name is Verlee and My daughter likes country music. ALOT. I don't know how it happened. But she does. Anyways, I talked her into being a little more individual....and she is reciting a poem. She has the memorization thing down, and is very articulate for her age... so, she found a cute little poem about dogs....a favorite subject....and went with it. She went in, when they called her name. and there was a panel of judges and a few teachers, in the room. The panel of judges consisted of a cop, 2 workers from the local grocery store, and another community member. The cop is one everyone knows, who also sings. It was a little american idol style. They asked their name, and what they were doing and why. It was cute. Then the let the child perform, and then they gave pointers. I thought it was super cute. so, now they have about a month to perfect their talent, and work on the things the judges pointed out. I loved it. The kids are all wondering if they made the cut, and from what I could tell, everyone made it to the next round. I love our school. Anyways, Elijah did a sword form. He just learned it in about 2 hours. Doesn't really have it down well, but still impressed the judges just cause it looks so cool. Probably not the principal though. You never know about people, we found out she is a black belt in Karate. would've never guessed. I'm sure she noticed Elijah needed a little work on his talent. but by the show he will be great. I know this is long for some little event. but it was so cute.

Kaleb had another meet and did awesome. He performed some great moves, wasn't sick anymore, or was at least on the mend, and pinned both his guys in the first half of the match. He has improved so much this year. It is exciting. Except I think their season is almost over.

It is fun to watch the kids doing well.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You'll have to get video for the talent show. I would love to be there to watch it.