Thursday, December 18, 2008

Firefighter Christmas party

Well, the younger kids had their Christmas Concert last night. But I didn't get any good photos of it. It was cute though. they did a rendition of the Nutcracker. The kids sang, and Elijah played in the band.
We also had our Firefighter party last weekend. It was fun. I made 6 pies for it. 2 chocolate, 2 apple, a lemon meringue and a mixed berry. Santa came and gave the kids each a gift. There was a band that did pretty good. It was the most fun watching the kids dance.
Here is Kas, thinking she got the new Taylor Swift cd....which I thought she already had...and being very disappointed to see it was David Archeleta....which is good. I was pleasantly surprised! I think she wasn't too disappointed after a bit. she was just so certain...and santa is just enough out of it to not know better! Isn't she cute though! This photo is for Maryhelen.
Here are some of the kids dancing. Logan has got the finger action going. He is a friends little boy. You can see Kas in the background with her back facing us. dancing in a group.


Here's another side-back shot of her. Her and her friend were good at including the smaller kids. They had a great time. It was so fun to watch. Notice Kas and her friend have long shirts, jeans and boots? I am certain they didn't plan that! I wanted to get a good shot of them together but didn't get a chance to.


And, here is J and I. I could only get him out there once. and then he decided he would go cover at the department. They needed help and most everyone else had been drinking at least a bit...so J was a good candidate..and he could get out of the partying. we stayed a bit longer, and then I got Elijah out on the dance floor. I know he thought he was going to die...or at least wished. I was planning on getting Kaleb out as well, but didn't make it. oh well. I realized while dancing with J, I am not a good follower anymore. I wonder if that is an indication of something!


We had a great time though.
Tomorrow is the Branch Christmas party. The weather has been frightful.....just kidding. well, probably for some people. snow, rain, cold, wind, anyways...we aren't sure how it is going to be for tomorrow night...and if people are going to want to go out. Hopefully we will have a fair turnout. we'll see.
It has been fun having snow. The kids have started school at noon every day this week except for one. and then they canceled tomorrow, cause it was just party day. Kaleb had his last two meets this week, and both were canceled. That was very frustrating for him. Hopefully they will be able to make them up somehow. I know last year they had to cancel at least one, because of the big storm.
Tomorrow is also Kasidee's birthday! I can't believe my baby is going to be 10! but that is another post.
oh, and some other great news...the baby! that was born so early that J helped deliver and get breathing came home yesterday from the hospital. She is about 4 months old, and seems to be doing perfectly. 5 lbs and 10 oz, I think. anyways, it is just amazingly exciting. Hopefully we will be able to meet her officially soon.
anyways, I think that is enough for now. good night.



3 comments:

amy said...

Verlee,
It is nice to read about your familys dailys... makes me feel a bit more connected. Your kids are getting so old. Wishing you guys a Merry Christmas

Wendy said...

The dancing with Jeremy reminds me of Brian. I have only danced with him one time since we have been married. I guess I should be glad I got a dance at all.

FreeFamWorld said...

Kurt wooed me with dancing but once he got me, he looks at me funny any time I even suggest it. I sure hope Lynn and Marsha showed all the young guys up!
Thanks for the picture!! Good thing she looks like her mommy!! (and you can tell Brian I said that! lol)
We got your card in the mail. The girls couldn't believe how big Kaleb is, and someone said he looks just like Jeremy. Definitely not a little boy look to him anymore!! Great pictures all around!