Friday, January 28, 2011

January

                                           
  We have looked forward to 2011 with anticipation.   and here it is.  I can't believe we are already through January!  wow! 
Before we were even home from Idaho, after leaving him behind, Jeremy'd researched and set up skype.  He ran Kaleb through the motions so we could talk to him right off the bat.  We used it every day for a bit, and now use it occasionally, but I was amazed how much nicer it was to actually see J while I was talking to him.  And look at his nice back drop.  :)  I love technology...and how easy it is to keep in touch with each other. 

 We had snow....but just a bit.  I was excited, but it isn't great for trying to caulk siding on a house!  :) 
 We had to get the trash trailer unstuck....thankfully Dad was here to help.
 Which reminds me, Mom, Dad and Amber came to visit for 2 weeks.  Mom had a cast on up past her elbow...I can't believe I didn't get a photo of it.  In fact I don't have any photographic evidence of their visit, except for a few of Dad helping us at work.  I was soo busy those few weeks, that I failed big time in capturing their visit.  Sorry.  which makes me think that Mom probably doesn't even have a photo of her with her cast.  dang!
Anyways, we had a great time with them here, except that I had to work most of the time.  They will probably be back soon. 
Kaleb had a few meets for us to watch and did very well.
 We got a job where we had to replace old posts...because of the rotting brackets...stainless steel people... which was a fun change of pace, except I guess the hand digging that had to happen.  Fortunately I was busy doing something else. 
old.....


new.
 Jeremy missed a fire.  I don't think he was disappointed.  I am sure he would much rather be doing what he is doing right now. 
 We have had some gorgeous sunrises.  I don't usually get up early enough to enjoy them...and I live it the perfect place for them.  this photo doesn't even come close to doing it justice. 
 and amazing sunsets these last few weeks.  once again...the photo doesn't do justice. 
Jeremy is doing great.  He is mostly loving his experience.  He is learning alot, and meeting alot of great people.  I think I already shared a link to follow along with his life at maltezemisfits.com .
We have been busy, sometimes lonely, sick, happy, blessed, learning, growing, stretching.....already this year.  It will be interesting to see what next month holds. 
Tonight Elijah has a campout. Kaleb has an away tournament...so there are already more adventures ahead.

No comments: