Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, new theme...

Are you glad to see the passing of 2009? In our testimony meeting today I was a little surprised to hear how happy people were to see it go. I hadn't thought about it. It has been a struggle of a year in some aspects, but also good for us....but I do have family members who have really struggled...so...idk
I don't necessarily have any high aspirations for 2010.
I do hate how people are calling it twenty ten. what do you think?

Well, every year I have a theme for the year instead of resolutions. It really is probably the same thing...different name. and a lot broader...so I have a better chance of accomplishing it.
I really don't recall what my theme was for last year...I guess I should check.

but this year, I picked one that even rhymes.....
BETTER THAN I'VE BEEN FOR 2010. (that is two thousand ten! ;) )
My goal for this year is to do better at the things I know I should already be good at.
be better at loving others.
which includes visiting teaching, reaching out (and not letting my shyness get in the way), service, kind words and thoughts towards others...etc...
better lessons in church...which would include better preparation ( I am a procrastinator), which also goes along with better scripture study, more sincere prayer, etc.
I want to be better disciplined with taking care of my body. I do want to lose a few pounds. I am presently at my heaviest....not counting pregnancy weight...and I am not content to stay there. but I have been terrible at losing weight. I really don't believe in dieting and depriving...and I love to eat. so, I want to use more self control...and learn to eat what is best for me. and not just the most convenient or yummiest. Still totally not sure how I am going to do it...but working on a plan. which will also include exercising.
better mother, better wife, better friend, sibling, better money manager...you know.
Not alot of pressure....because even a tiny bit of an improvement is better. and I am good with that. I have never been a high achiever! ;)

well, now it is out there...and I am accountable to you!

I hope you all have success in your goals as well.

I have a lot of catching up to do. Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to get to it.
we've had wonderful experiences with the holidays and family.....

1 comment:

Maryhelen said...

Good luck with all you hope to accomplish and become. Your goals sound awesome!!