Thursday, December 17, 2009

December

As you know, we have been focusing a lot on wrestling...it has seemed to overtake our lives lately. Tonight is Elijah's last meet though...so it should mellow out at least a bit, cause now Kaleb is in full swing.

But, December has been much more than wrestling. Christmas is the next obvious thing, but it has also been set aside a bit. This year I was determined to give Kasidee a worthy birthday. Her birthday is on the 19th. It seems to always land on the last day of school before the break...and always right amongst the preps for Christmas or a trip or something. She has never had a friend party. So, this year I promised her we would pull it together and have a party.

Last month Carrie did room makeovers for Maddy and Sadie...which encouraged me to do the same for Kasidee. Her room was not cute at all. I didn't take before pictures, cause...well, I would have been embarrassed. She had the brown panel walls that are common throughout our house. and way way way too much stuff. In her defense, Kas comes by her 'pack rat' mentality honestly. Both J and I would rather keep something-just in case-than toss it...and I think we both picked up those traits from our parents. But, it was amazing how much stuff she had crammed in her room.

Mom, Amber and Jessie were willing to come help me, which I know I couldn't have done it without them. We took everything out, except for a few pieces of furniture that were also getting an update.
Kas told me she wanted orange, lime green and yellow for her main colors. and she likes polka dots. so....we painted the walls green.

When we started I thought I thought I'd made a big mistake....but the next morning, I knew it was perfect.
Her light yellow bed, got a bright yellow wash.....we decided to go bold with the raspberry closet....Kas didn't want a closet door....
and her dresser got a white facelife, with orange accents....isn't it cute!I have a cute old chair that also got a new orange do! and her drafting table got a facelift as well. We loved watching it come together. Originally Kas wanted her great reveal to be at her birthday party, but Mom and the girls came a week early and I wasn't going to keep her out of her room for the week...so, we picked her up,
went to Alex's for dinner...payback for all the hard work.....


do we look tired? we worked hard! :)

and then she saw!
her new room.....
she'd already picked out the comforter...



the bookcase was the only new furniture...before she had 2 small ones and a nightstand full of books...so, this gave her a lot more room. it was from ikea...thanks mom for picking it up for me. It has quotes all over it...in orange! couldn't have been more perfect!


Right after she saw her room Mom and the girls had to leave. They literally worked like crazy the whole time they were here! I owe them bigtime!
But, it was fun!

Elijah got her some hooks for her wall, so when he got home he put those up for her....

cute polka dot hooks.... The beautiful thing, was afterwards...she said she didn't want to put all her junk back in there. Her beautiful room motivated her to throw it out or give it away! Yea!!!!!
I think I scored a lot of mommy points for this birthday present! she loves it! and I do too. double bonus!


The following evening was the work Christmas Party. I think J has worked the last 2 years of it, so it was nice having him there the whole night!
Kas found her friend right off the bat...and they went off chatting.....
Santa and Mrs. Clause came, but I didn't get good photos of them. Here are a few favorite boys in their chairs.
It was funny,...when Santa called each kid up...to see what they wanted. Elijah said--dirt bike (no surprise there),
Kas said-- Pony (kindof no surprise)....and another girl said--Unicorn and her brother said--2 headed snake! another little boy said--an elf, so I can ride him! I think there were a few more very interesting comments, but I think those were the best. Santa was great, though. and went right with it.

I made J dance with me before we could leave. He hates it, I love it.

And then Marsha grabbed him. hehe
I also made the kids go dance. they need to learn how. haha. Lynn, Elijah's wrestling coach and a fellow ff, jumped up to encourage him. He said any wrestler can dance (Lynn is an avid dancer)...and showed him a few moves. It was soo cute!

We had a good time. Reminded me how many good people J works with. So, grateful to be a part of the (now) Public Safety family.


I had to throw wrestling in here...
on Tuesday Elijah had a meet. I missed his first match(but he pinned the guy). His second was with Jessie....
who I think is an awesome kid. He is a great wrestler. and has great sportsmanship. Elijah beat him 4-2 but, it was a close match. He was the kid who was undefeated until Elijah came along! I am such a sucker cause I was glad Elijah didn't pin him.
and then Wednesday night (last night) was the Elementary School Christmas program. Kas and her class sang a song in Polish. Her teacher made the cute costumes. Kas is in the middle.

As mentioned on facebook, I broke down and got a little, fake tree. so, after the concert, Kas and I decorated it.
Now we can have Christmas....but, not before a few more meets, and a birthday party! wootwoot!

3 comments:

Lori said...

OH MY!!!!!! I LOVE her room! The colors are perfect. You are giving me an itch to do something fun for my girls room! Way to go. It looks great!!!!

FreeFamWorld said...

love how the room turned out! Happy Birthday, Kasidee!!

Brenda said...

I love what you did with the room.. the colors are fantastic.. you guys did a super job..I love seeing your mom and sisters.. and the picture of you and your husband is fantastic. Thanks for sharing it with us.. Merry Christmas Verlee.