Monday, January 18, 2010

the benefits of a storm

We have had our share of storms this season....fall/winter. high winds. heavy rains. power outages. I think we have had 3 in the last few months! But, I was reminded in the last storm of the opportunity that we have not taken advantage of....BIG WAVES!!!!!!
After the last storm we went out and saw some killer waves, but I forgot the camera...so, today we made it..I think close to high tide, with the camera, and saw some gorgeous waves! Of course, the camera does not do the sites we saw justice! It was amazing out there! I love the power of the Ocean....as long as it stays where it belongs! :)
While we were enjoying the waves I told the kids of their younger years, when we would stand up there while the waves were crashing over us....and they were soo little....what were we thinking!!!!

I was hoping to run around on the rocks a little and get a bit more of a workout...but it was too windy and wet to enjoy...I thought I was going to fall through the cracks and my kids would have to drag me to the car!
Elijah exclaimed that we do not get to the Jetty enough. It is one of my favorite places in the world, so I don't know why. I guess we need to make more time for it!
We were only there for about 45 minutes or so...I would have loved to have walked the beach and looked for treasures...I hear that is another after storm benefit...that we don't do.
But we had a date with J for dinner at the fd. This was his third day on, so I was missing him!
Glad we took the time to visit the Jetty! I do love living at the ocean!

1 comment:

batch5 said...

Thanks for the pictures. The jetty is also one of my favorite places in the world!! The ocean is a great place to live!