Thursday, September 17, 2009

beach time






We went to the beach saturday afternoon. Gramma has to get her feet in. She didn't have her usual comrades with her this year, cause they all had boots on, so were getting soaked as the waves came in, so she just stayed out a few minutes, but she always goes in up to her knees at least and sometimes up to her waist! It is pretty funny...there is a kid in all of us! Kaleb and J are playing lifeguard...ready to tromp if need be, but not quite willing to get soaked just for fun! you can tell we've lived here awhile.....;) and aren't still enticed by those inviting (bitter cold) waves....

beachcombing....
a little way up the beach, we found this bird.


He was there by himself and would not budge.


every once in awhile a wave would come up and he would use his wings to balance, get his footing and stand his ground...I was fascinated, and took numerous photos.
I probably got a foot away, and he stood firm.
He reminded me of an analogy...standing firm, no matter...the waves, big scary giants, distractions... we were there for quite awhile and he kept his spot the whole time.
he did walk, so we knew he wasn't crippled, but he just walked a few feet (of his)

and his wings worked.... he didn't fly, cause he was standing ground, but he wanted me to know he was able bodied. ;)
Elijah likes to dig. Kas was making his hole pretty!
Gramma's treasures! by the way, I figured out how to go to the beach and not pick up treasures......wear new shoes! I did it the other day and was so desperate not to get them dirty, that I stayed clear of the waves, so there was no possible way I would ruin my shoes. ha! I did notice sand in the creases though the next time I wore them.

No comments: