Thursday, December 2, 2010

Another answered prayer!



As most of you know...we moved into a new house in Sept. I haven't been able to get it nice enough to take photos...to share, but here are a few from before we moved in.


I have to tell you a little about the amazingness of this whole thing.....


We have been looking for a place to move for quite awhile. The house we were in was so run down, and falling apart...and the landlord wasn't helpful on getting stuff taken care of. We lived on some beautiful land, which is what drew us there to begin with ..... but it just has not been working for awhile....but,


It is hard to find rentals in Ocean Shores that are big enough, nice enough, at a good rate. I don't want a large house, but wanted sufficient for our family. Our last place was 3000 sq ft...so we were used to a bit of space. I really couldn't even imagine living in the average size home for here...around 1500 or so. We also have alot of stuff: tools, forms, vehicles, trailers, outdoor gear...so, that requires space, plenty of parking, and decent garage...shop....etc. Needless to say, our house hunting had not gone well.

Then, one day I was highlighting a friends hair, and she mentioned that the house across the street from them had been vacant for a long time...New house...For Sale.... I thought, yeah, there are a lot of those around here...but most people don't want to rent them out. Her husband, who just walked in, mentioned the builders name...who was someone we did work for! So, I immediately started scheming...Maybe.... but I had to do a drive by first, to make sure the house was big enough for our family. At the time we were seriously thinking of moving into a tiny house....another new one, owned by a friend...but I just knew that was going to be too hard... Anyways, the house was definitely big enough...and nice enough.

I talked to J, he called the builder/owner who said they had just decided to put it available for rent! The timing was perfect. They were willing to negotiate the rent to fit into our budget....and we started moving!

I love our new place. It is on the bay...and I have a beautiful view. 4 bedrooms--so the kids each have their own room. Close to the church, schools, stores, etc...so we can ride our bikes much more. It is just perfect for what we need right now. As you can see from the above photo...there isn't alot of parking. and we have actually turned the front lawn into parking. so, even though...it keeps the redneck in us, we have plenty of parking now. We are renting with the option to buy in a year, if we want..where Jeremy already has ideas on how he can throw a shop on our lot. we will see. But, we are feeling very blessed. Maybe I will have more photos posted soon.












I like the lighting......













Big, beautiful kitchen. love it!
It is common here to have the main living areas on the second floor....for the view I imagine, which is something I really like...second floor living. It makes our house very bright, and full of light.











My soaker tub!!! bonus!!!












Master Bath...I wouldn't have picked this style, but I love it....













Family/tv/game room downstairs. Kindof small, but definitely workable.












1 comment:

Lori said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome. You aren't the only ones house hunting, we are moving too, this weekend in fact, if all goes well. So happy for y'all!!