Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bellingham Trip July2010.

So, this is old news, but I haven't posted it yet, and have cool photos to share....so...I am attempting to catch up. Sorry It has taking me so long...I have been such a slacker and am hoping to get better.
So...towards the end of July I went up to Bellingham...For Brooke's Baptism, to pick up Kas, visit my family, see the boys....etc. Grandma Clea planned a cousins week with all theGrandkids that could come, Jake and Olivia had moved up there, and Carrie came to visit. It was an awesome trip.
I love this photo of Emily and Kale...at Brooke's Baptism.

A shot of Jake's cute family.... We are so excited to have them in Bellingham...and hope it is a great change for them.


Brooke with her Simpson and Johnson Grandparents.

Elise and Seviah came with Carrie...Seviah and Brooke were inseparable.




After Brooke's Baptism, we went to a park, for food and relaxation. It was very nice.
















Some of the girls also made Tanner a birthday cake...so he blew out some candles. Tanner is 12!








Kas and Maddy slept at Jessie's most of the time.







Lilah was soo happy to see Kas. She'd been in Utah for a month.










We picked berries...and taught the girls how to make Jam. Elise was very happy to make some for her family....since Lori couldn't be there. She took the job very seriously and did a great job.










Like I mentioned earlier, Grandma planned a cousin camp....which gave the mom's a bit of free time. Carrie and I took advantage of that and camped out at their place and then went on a hike with dad. I can't remember which hike it was, but it was beautiful. I hope to take my family there sometime.










Dad and Carrie.












I brought Lilah...who dragged me the whole way up...well, until Dad took her to give me a break. She has too much energy for my good! ;)










It was such a beautiful hike.















I love Mt. Baker!


























Beautiful all the way around.




























Carrie and I relaxing at Mom and Dads. they got the hammocks out for us, the sun was shining. It is soo peaceful there. We loved it...except I guess Carrie did have an allergy attack...I think. I guess I loved it....maybe it was more stressful for her! ;)














Gramma wanted to take the kids on a Ferry ride. We decided to go with them. We didn't ride the HYAK, but I took a photo of it just because! HYAK is our high school Mascot.










The kids were soo excited getting on the Ferry. You'd think we were doing a cruise or something. It was fun watching! I think most of the kids had been on the Ferry before but didn't remember.











Maddy with her wind blown hair!










The views were gorgeous!










Grampa being Grampa!











More gorgeous views!













Grampa, Em, Ellie, Carrie, and Grandma











It was really a gorgeous day!











We got off at Friday Harbor for ice cream....had the choice of getting right back on, or waiting about 2 hours...Grampa decided he didn't want to wait around, so we got right back on....oh well.
























Jessie enjoying the sunshine....or showing off... ;)












I just love this...












And this. I always think I would love a sailboat.
























Part of the clan























I didn't see the boys much, since they were in their classes...training.


















They were having a great time. and only a few times felt like they were missing out. They love their classes...and worked really hard this summer.











Tanner turned 12! He had an official birthday party. It was soo cute, cause Shayne was trying to plan something spectacular for his party...but most of his cousins wouldn't have been able to come. He told his dad that he just wanted to have a party with his cousins. So we went to Whatcom Falls, played in the water and had pizza and ice cream cake. The kids had a great time. It is awesome to see the cousin love....living in Alaska, I didn't grow up with my cousins..so I am glad our kids get to a bit more.










Whatcom Falls is great for cliff jumping. Most of the kids went off this one...not too tall. Some of the Moms went too. Not me. I had the camera!
Elijah waiting for his turn.....
and jumping!












I think this is Kas....















Sorry, my pictures are out of order...and I can't get them to get in order...















Tanner cutting his birthday cake. Using the sword is a fitting tradition in his family! :)



We had such a great week there. J stayed home and worked. I brought Kas home, and Left the boys, for another month or so....which is always hard for me to do. I love my kids and love having them around. But, am also so grateful they can take advantage of Shayne's studio and spend time with Family.

No comments: