Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Anniversary Ride July 2010

You know...I thought I already blogged our anniversary ride, but I guess I just fb'ed it. We waited until July to go...when we had a bit more time, and while the kids were away. We had 3 days...so decided to do the Olympic Penninsula loop. I have lived here forever, and had still not seen the upper part of the Olympic Penninsula..so this was a perfect opportunity! We went to Sol Duc Hot Springs last year, and decided that would definitely be a stop this year. Except we were going to camp this year. We stopped at our usual favorite spots on the way...Kalaloch, Forks, etc... But also tried to make decent time.































We made it to camp at Sol Duc. We got the bike unloaded, the tent set up and then took a nap! Yea, we're getting old! ;)




It was soo nice to get the boots off! I loved this shot of our different boot sizes!












This is out of sequence, but lunch at Kalaloch.





















We had a fire. I brought s'more stuff.
Chacos.










There's a trail that leads to a waterfall.


It was beautiful!








I love the Pacific Northwest rain forest!
























Drive by of Cresent Lake, which is between Sol Duc and Port Angeles.








Cresent Lake....gorgeous! First time for me!

Port Angeles








Port Townsend ...as you can see we scored with the weather. It was gorgeous!



Our destination! The Inn at Port Ludlow! I'm in love!!!











Really liked the room! And I definitely used that tub! after 2 days of riding!






We traded the champagne in for truffles. yumm











There were soo many cute touches in the Inn. I would have posted more...but this is already very long....so I didn't.





Yummy breakfast.. The eggs looked like sour cream dollops.
the view from our room. sorry about the screen....












the back of the Inn.




Loved it! We will definitely be back!












So, we thought we would be adventurous for our ride home. Instead of taking the highway, we decided to go over the mountain....








Our nice wide road narrowed!











Oops... road block! We thought we could get around those trees....and move a little stuff...and keep going....



Until we saw where the road had caved in! No getting around that! Dang...











All we could do was turn around and hope to find another route!

We worried about that we would hit another block and have a long ways to backtrack...especially after we started climbing!


and reached this spot!











Umm...we were up there a ways!






My hunny on the bike with all the gear.













This is the road I didn't want to take back down! scary!!!












The road got pretty small! with tall grass in the center in some spots! I started to wonder what we would do if we had a break down! We had the gps...that worked up there...but I had no idea how far we were from civilization! It was a little freaky...but soo exciting as well!












the view was InCrEdIbLE!!!!!






See the road we took! Crazy!!











The road is getting bigger....a good sign! :)












We were very happy to find this road! back into civilization!
We made it to Wynoochee Lake! wew!!!










Enjoyed our lunch there. Wynoochee Lake is only about an hour from our house.
And then I found that my transplanted Hydrengeas had bloomed while we were gone. Sweet surprise!
It was such a great trip!
Jeremy and I were married 16 years ago in May. It has been quite a ride...but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am very blessed to have J as my eternal companion!

No comments: