Monday, November 23, 2009

notes from school

Oct 8

Dear Mom and Dad:

The reason for this letter is to help me achieve my goals. It will help to remind me what I have to do to become a firefighter, pass all of my classes, and help people that need help. I will explain to you how I will do that.

For my academic goal I want to pass all my classes with A's. To do that I will go to all of my classes; do all of my homework, and study for all of my tests. I want to be a positive force in both middle school and high school.

For my career goal I will volunteer at the fire station and eventually become a full time fire fighter. And on my days off I will work construction for TBC Inc......

there is more to the letter, but this is the part that melted my heart. Elijah has always idolized his dad...and here, even as a 13 year old teenager, he still does. Jeremy is a full time firefighter and TBC, Inc is our construction company.
Elijah wrote this letter for his first parent teacher conference which was a few weeks ago. I love that it is soo important for him to help other people.

Kaleb, as a 9th grader also wrote a letter for us. It was soo funny... he is quite the comedian. His advisory teacher didn't give us the letter, but it really portrayed the difference between a nervous 7th grader, and a 'been there, done that' 9th grader. His spoke of working on not being tardy, so the attendence secretary wouldn't harass him anymore and his goal of straight C's! goals to make any parent proud! ;)
Kaleb doesn't have to worry about catching the bus anymore, since he attends early morning seminary....he is always at school early now.
and the C's.....well, we won't discuss that one!
Kaleb has also expressed his interest in becoming a firefighter as well. gone are the days of becoming a scientist. ;) (after actually taking Science, and realizing he doesn't really want to take years of college. haha!) So, I think we are going to become a fire fighter family. Except I don't see Kas heading that way. Maybe she will marry a fire fighter! or become a Paramedic...which I doubt. Earlier she wanted to be a Vet until she found out they did surgery and other gross stuff. Now she is thinking of a groomer! ;)
Speaking of Kas...I am certain if she would have written a letter like that it would have been very well thought out and written and it probably would have also been illustrated!

I love our kids and feel very blessed that they are a part of our lives. They all have amazing talents and noble desires.

1 comment:

FreeFamWorld said...

love this! thanks for sharing!!